Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS: korean day spa

I am definitely not a spa type of gal, seriously! I've been to a couple of Burke Williams, Glen Ivy, and have gotten some massages during vacations...but I am never the type to spend a whole day at a spa!  I like them but I get pretty antsy and bored pretty easily. So as a birthday activity, I decided to go to the spa - but not just any kind of spa - a Korean day spa!  What's so special about a Korean day spa?  Well first of all the prices are much more reasonable and second of all...you have to be completely nude!!!  Say what?!  Yup, no sporting your favorite bikini...just your birthday suit and it was appropriate for me as it was my birthday after all!

So I checked out the Olympic Spa in Koreatown after reading numerous reviews and consulting my Korean friends.  All said Olympic was good for my first experience as the place is popular for non-Koreans.  I signed up for the Pure Bliss treatment which included the famous Korean scrub, jojoba bead body polish, a shiatsu massage, scalp and facial massage with mask, and finishing it off with a hair wash and conditioning treatment.  All that for $100!

Upon entering, I dunked myself in a couple of hot baths, aromatherapy bath, went in and out of the showers and steam rooms.  Surprisingly, the nudey thing didn't bother me much, well maybe because there weren't as many people as I had expected, or I was too involved enjoying these baths and showers.  Mid-shower my number was called and this cute, petite Korean lady came looking for me to start my scrub.

Well...the Korean scrub is one of my favorite spa treatment...ever!  I got scrubbed down like I've never been scrubbed down in my life before!  It was fantastic!  The massage, facial and everything else were amazing too but the scrub is what will keep me coming back, for sure!  If you live in the LA area...you MUST try it at least once and you will be hooked!  Don't take my word for it...come on $100 for a full on spa treatment? Try looking for that elsewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment