Friday, January 28, 2011

FEATURE FOOD FRIDAYS: WTF? blueberry breakfast cereal without actual blueberries

So this week I came across this article that shocked me!  I was so angry that I had to post it as soon as I could.  (I might post another Feature Food Friday to make up for this one hehe.) Here is an excerpt from it...

Looking forward to enjoying some wholesome antioxidant-chockedblueberries in your morning cereal? Chances are, you're going to have to look elsewhere. Nonprofit organization Consumer Wellness Centerrecently released a video report on blueberry breakfast cereals, breads, and pastries that are missing, that's right, blueberries.


I've always thought cereals, bake mixes that contain fruit have dehydrated real fruit...not fake fruit!  More validation why I should be reading food labels meticulously!  Here's another excerpt...

Take Kellogg's Blueberry Muffin Frosted Mini-Wheats. They contain "Blueberry Flavored Crunchlets," made of "sugar, corn cereal, soybean oil, modified corn starch, water, natural and artificial flavor, glycerin, corn syrup, red #40 lake, and blue #2 lake."


OMG!  All I can say is WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment