Monday, January 3, 2011

HOMEMADE MEALS MONDAYS: remy's yellow chicken curry!

It's been unbelievably cold in LA lately.  Yes, I know it's not snowing nor are we having a blizzard...but the temperatures being in the 40s in Los Angeles is REALLY cold.  So to warm up, I've decided to cook up some Paleo yellow curry (I think this dish is a bit more Thai than Indian but not too sure as I am making it up as I go haha)!

What you need (all ingredients I used are organic):
1 tablespoon of coconut oil (olive oil will be fine too)
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 yellow onion (chopped)
1 green pepper (chopped)
2-3 carrots (chopped)
2 chicken breast (cut up)
3 tablespoons of curry powder
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 13.5oz can of coconut milk

yummy curry!
Heat up coconut oil in a skillet.  Add the garlic and onion, sautee with garlic for about 3 min.  Then add the chicken and brown for about 5 min.  Add the curry and cinnamon, mix it all up. Then add the green pepper and carrots, mix it all up one more time. Finally pour in the coconut milk. Simmer for about 30 min or until carrots are tender.  Voila it's done! Yummy!!!  Enjoy with white rice or eat by itself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment