Thursday, April 14, 2011

WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS: your hood as your work out tool!

Before we moved into our new place, I told my girlfriend that I will be walking to Wholefoods everyday.  It's a one mile walk and another mile back, not bad right?  No, not bad at all except that we live on a hill - a fairly steep hill at that.  I've only walked to Wholefoods once and I was picked up by my husband on my way back - ugh so annoyed as I didn't get the chance to feel the pain of walking back uphill.

So I have not been following my routine lately of going to the gym during my lunch break.  So yesterday I decided to punish myself and run around my hood.  We always make excuses not to exercise - too busy to run, gym membership is so expensive, gym is too far, we don't have the right equipment, and the list goes on and on!  But you know running is awesome - it's free and heck you don't even need shoes AND you can run anywhere!  So yesterday I ran around my hood.  Going downhill was easy breezy, didn't even break a sweat.  Coming uphill was a different story.  I felt like I was barely covering any ground as I was running uphill.  I'm sure it looked like I was strolling if you were driving by me.  I only ran for about 25 minutes and I was drenched in sweat, like I've been in spin class for 40 min!  I took a couple of pictures of the dreaded hill.


easy breezy downhill

pure pain


No comments:

Post a Comment