Friday, April 15, 2011

FEATURE FOOD FRIDAYS: umami burger in Studio City

I'm really am not one of those people who like to follow the hype, at least when it comes to food.  So last week we had dinner plans with a couple of our good friends and they wanted to try Umami Burger.  One just opened around our area and they wanted to try it.  I was excited but I knew there would be a long wait.  Sure enough when we got there, there was a handful of people waiting outside and the wait was 40min!  AND they didn't have pagers, we were told that they could contact our cell phone when our table was ready but it would be a $10 service charge.  What the heck?!?!

So we finally get seated and we peruse the menu which is not extensive.  I order the day's special of a pastrami burger - burger meat and a think slice of pastrami with grilled onions and some special umami sauce.  Oh and of course I also ordered some malt liquor tempura onion rings and sweet potato fries to go with it.  The food came pretty quickly.  I'm not sure if I was just famish or the food was really just that good or a combination of both.  But the burger was delicious - it was moist and tasty and the bread is awesome (I think they used potato bread).  The onion rings were awesome, the perfect amount of tempura batter.  The sweet potato fries were like addictive, they had a cinammon/nutmeg/salt/seasoning and I think they added some sugar too.  Sooo bad for you but tasted sooo good!  

Anyway, I highly recommend the place although I recommend that you wait until the hype has subsided - that way you don't have wait so long for a table.

my pastrami burger (not much lighting at the place)

No comments:

Post a Comment