Monday, March 7, 2011

HOMEMADE MEALS MONDAYS: intro to tagine chicken!

tagine = my new toy

I was going to wait to use our new cooking gadgets until we moved into our new house.  But I couldn't wait to use my new fancy tagine given to us by my cousin, Tina, and her family.  So I was thinking of following this tagine recipe, instead decided to just make one up haha.  I really wasn't sure how it would turn up but man, it was good...it was darn good!  I didn't tell the hubs that I made up the recipe until he tried it and he loved it! I'll have to make it again sometime soon...it's perfect for cold winter nights!


Remy's Bad Ass Tagine Chicken Recipe

Ingredients:

ingredients
2 organic chicken breasts and 2 organic chicken thighs cut into 1in. pieces (or just breasts or just thighs)
1 small butternut squash - seeded, peeled and cut into 1in. pieces
1 medium sweet potato - peeled and cut up
1 carrot - peeled and cut up
1 small yellow onion chopped
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
1 15oz can of organic diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons of garam masala (yes, I am using Indian spice on a Moroccan dish!)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt & pepper

my new recipe - tagine chicken
First add the olive into a tagine (or a skillet with cover would be fine too). Saute the garlic and onions until slightly brown.  Add the chicken and stir.  Once chicken is slightly brown, add the sweet potatoes, carrots and a can of diced tomatoes. Then add salt and pepper and cover. Let the dish simmer for about 30 min in low-medium heat.  Then add the the butternut squash and garam masala.  Cover again for another 15 minutes.  Voila!  That's it!  I realized that I am a pretty efficient cook.  I cook mainly during the weeks after a long day at work so I like things easy and very simple but tasty.  This dish is definitely simple and tasty!  I'll have to make again soon as it's a perfect dish for a cold winter night.  Enjoy it and please feel free to leave feedback, would love to hear it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment